Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy Monday!

What a wonderful day! The trip on the train today was perfect. The children and all of their parents had such a great time. It was my last time to take this train ride and there were a couple of bittersweet moments, but the trip brought a great deal of joy to 88 children and about 30 parents. It was also a lot of fun to have Travis with me today. In all of the trips I have made over the years it is the first time one of the kids has made this trip with me. (He wore his jammies and had a fantastic time.)

1 John 1:3 “That which we have seen and heard declare us unto you, that you may also have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son.”

Tonight my meditation was titled “Perpetual Guidance.” I have looked forward to these few moments all day. With all the busyness of the day I have looked forward to some fellowship time with the Father. The closer I get to the interview on Friday the more I want to spend time in the Word and in prayer. I am listening for God’s Word to speak and reveal instructions, guidance, and to help me focus on the tasks that need to be accomplished this week.

In this passage we claim God’s presence in our lives and the promise of fellowship with the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. There is great joy to be found in knowing that “every detail is planned out by God with a wealth of tenderness and Love. “ If we wait on the guidance of God with every step we take then place all that we are and all that we do in the hands of the Savior. Today a young friend of mine and I were talking and she spoke wonderful words of wisdom when she said, “God will equip you to answer the questions given during the interview and everything will be as God so desires.” I really needed to hear those words.

I have begun to pray for the Holy Spirit to go before me and fill the hearts and minds of those who hold this stage of my future in their hands. I pray that they will find me worthy of continuing to study, learn and serve as an ordained pastor. Perhaps I should be praying that God will find me worthy and walking in obedience to the calling I have received. I am praying that I will keep the face and heart of Jesus in front of me at all times and remain in constant fellowship with Him. It has been quite a journey and it is not over yet!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: