Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

I received the most wonderful news I have received in a long time today. Geni announced that today she got to apply for graduation! I clapped and smiled and danced in the kitchen at this long awaited news. We are so proud of her and she has worked very hard. She has overcome some mighty adversities. She student teaches in the spring and graduates in May! Way to go Geni!!

Psalm 127:1 “Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it; except the Lord keep the city, the watchman wakes but in vain.”

Each evening over the past several days as I have come to this time in my day, the passages of scripture and meditation have been words of comfort and assurance. The words have said, “Gaylene, God is in charge and you are being kept in His protective grace”.

We are all kept in the power of God and the evil forces will stoke the storm, but will be powerless because God remains in the eye of the storm with each of us.

At our wedding nearly 30 years ago we had the scripture read about the house built upon the rock will stand forever. And when the waves crash we are above the storm and out of reach of its devastating power. You know that Evil does not attack on the desert. Evil attacks the fortress, the stronghold. Our stronghold and fortress is the Lord of Lords and King of Kings. If we stay within the walls of His love and His amazing keeping power then when the storms come we are protected by the power of the Almighty.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS I interview in two days. Please be in prayer for me and for those who hold the interview. I pray for the power of the Holy Spirit to guide my answers, their hearing and anticipated approval. Peace, gc

No comments: