Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

When we all wake up in the morning it will be December. The children in my class have been counting down the days until December. They are really excited.

Deuteronomy 33:27 “The eternal God is your refuge.”

Psalm 20: 1-2 “In times of trouble; may the Lord answer your cry. May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm. May He send you help from His sanctuary and strengthen you from Jerusalem.”

Every once in a while I tell Bruce that I really need to get away for just a day or two. That translates that I need to get away with him and walk the Galleria or other place that is not on my normally beaten path. No dishes, laundry, write or grade papers etc., so sometimes Bruce is my sanctuary. And when I am really dealing with a difficult situation I can go into the quietness of my own being and think the issue through until I have a plan in place to work the problem out. But when I am dealing with my own inadequacies, shortcomings, failures and doubts I go to the sanctuary of my own heart and meet God. I take refuge in the sanctuary of God’s loving kindness, His compassion and forgiveness until I feel my joy being restored. It is sort of like being a dry sponge and God is soaking me in His loving grace and restoring me according to His will.

Find God in the sanctuary of your heart for He is there waiting for us with love, compassion, forgiveness and a constant reminder of the joy He takes in us, His children.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I

No comments: