Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Monday!

Wow! First day back at school after a week long holiday! I was exhausted! It was a good first day back, but pray for all teachers and students because we are already counting down the days until the Winter Break. Just an FYI we are down to 14 days.

Hebrews 10: 25 “And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of His return is drawing near.”

For the last year and a half, a group of women from my school has met together one morning per week for a time of prayer and share. We meet in my classroom for about 40 minutes for a brief devotion, prayer and time of sharing our concerns, joys and praises. We claim a Las Vegas style room and have gained each other’s trust. We keep a prayer list in a prayer journal and then write down private prayers on small slips of paper. After our corporate prayer time we each take a prayer slip and pray for each other throughout the week. Through this time we have not just grown as sisters in Christ, but friends who are bound by the love of God through Jesus.

We gather in the name of Jesus with one desire, to learn and do God’s will in our lives at school and in our homes. When we meet together we ask that God be present as a guest as we place our prayers before Him. There is power in our prayers because we claim the scripture that says “Where two or more are gathered in My name, I will be present.” We know that the power is not in our prayers or in our numbers, but in the One who hears our prayers. I treasure these wonderful women and our time together.

We were not meant to live this Christian life alone. Bruce tells a wonderful story about watching a fire. If you ever watch a fire, the power in the fire, the part that keeps the fire going is the closeness of the coals and the embers that stoke the fire from underneath. If you take one of the coals away and set it to the side without the warmth of the others then the coal grows cold and its fire goes out. But if you place it back into the glowing embers then it warms with the support of the other coals and it is restored.

I pray that each of you have a group of believers to meet with on a regular basis. I pray you feel the warmth and fire of the Holy Spirit and draw your strength from Jesus and those gathered in His Name.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer Alert! Our friend Mike had a successful surgery this morning and is planning to go home tomorrow. Praise God from whom all blessings flow and who is the source of all healing. Thank you for your prayers. gc

No comments: