Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

Matthew 25:21 Well done, you good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things; enter into the joy of the Lord.”

We give thanks to God for Jesus. Did you ever think that Jesus stands before the Father and gives thanks for us? There were those on that awful Friday so long ago as Jesus was being crucified that were going about following the Word and finding ways to help others whether through comforting, listening or praying to God for Jesus or His family. They expected nothing in return and did simple tasks out of their love for Christ and service to Him.

I remember a night just about two years ago when there were those who went about doing seemingly small tasks so that we could spend the last hours of Casey’s life with him. There were those who mowed our lawn, decorated our porch, brought meals to the hospital, washed the dishes in our sink and gave up sick leave days so that I did not have days counted against me. I am sure there were far more things done that I never knew of or even noticed. These simple acts of love bring joy to the heart of Jesus and He in turn gives thanks to the Father for those who give themselves in loving and joyful service.

We can all bring joy to the heart of Christ by doing simple tasks in loving service. We are not being asked to move mountains, hang the moon or perform phenomenal acts of God. We are simply asked to be aware of when others are in need of something like prayer, a listening ear, some time away or a simple word of encouragement and a sign of hope for a better tomorrow. God will then call us “good and faithful servants.”

Take joy in the continuing journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS I am scheduled for an interview with a member of the candidacy committee this Saturday. I ask for your prayers as I continue this journey into the professional ministry and candidacy process. Thank you, friends. gc

No comments: