Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Monday!

We have had a bit of a setback tonight in that when the registration papers for Travis to compete in the National Strongman competition arrived there was no provision for teens. This took all of us by surprise and Travis is really disappointed. But in true Travis Chrystie style he said, “I will just train really hard for the next year and kick everyone’s butt at next year’s competition.” Then he went for a walk with his sister. The hotel is refunding our money, but we are having a bit of difficulty with the airlines. Please say your prayers for Travis and pray that we can recover the cost of the tickets.

Psalm 34: 1, 4, 5 “I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. (1)

“I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.”(2)

“They looked unto Him, and were lightened and their faces were not ashamed.” (5)

Okay, Lord, I get it! Tonight when we have been a part of a huge disappointment my meditation tells me that even in times of distress the first step is Praise. Before I cry out in distress and get mad at the airlines I need to bless the Lord and give thanks. In the divine Order of things praise should always come first. I first need to find cause for thankfulness. So here goes. The first cause is that Travis is healthy and not injured. Next, the hotel is refunding our money. Third the airlines will hold the cost of the tickets and we can take another trip somewhere. And last the insurance I bought just might take care of this. So the bottom line is that even though we could absolutely use the cost of the tickets, it is not gone and we are simply a bit inconvenienced. We have faced far, far greater challenges than this. So in the grand scheme of things this is relatively minor.

I believe in God’s faithfulness. I know God will make all things right and a spirit of gladness and joy will replace disappointment and inconvenience. The first thing we each need to do when experiencing a big disappointment is to take it to God first and give Him praise and glory for His faithfulness and love for each of us and then let Him work out the details.

Psalm 26: 6,7 “So will I wash my hands to declare my innocence. I come to your altar, O Lord, singing a song of thanksgiving and telling of all your wonders.”

Take joy in the journey wherever it leads you. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your payers. Give thanks to God for all things. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: