Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

My class is going to be amazing! My teacher spoke of worshiping in the name of Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit! How awesome it that!

Matthew 7:14 “Because straight is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.”

One of my friends from my class this summer is in my class this fall. She is a full time student who has already been licensed from the Disciples of Christ and is currently out of work. She is in danger of losing her house and having trouble making other payments. However, she is still being led by the Holy Spirit and is more concerned about not being able to make her tuition payments than anything else. Tonight she was tearfully telling me about this and she said she was beginning to feel weary and just wanted to feel some solid ground beneath her just for a few minutes. But even through her weariness she is still seeking God’s direction in all things

How many of us have felt these feelings of uncertainty about where the money is going to come from for the utility bills or groceries or gas or whatever the immediate needs happen to be (and in some cases, all are immediate needs!) I know we have in our house. Our God loves us so much and desires a relationship with us that when we seek Him he is always present and seeking Him is never an exercise in vain. God’s very breath breathed into us will replenish and renew us.

Sometimes our weariness and our exhaustion are not signs of a lack of spirit but the guiding of the Holy Spirit. When we rest on the promises of God and give to Him our stresses and weariness then the Spirit can permeate our very souls and we will be restored. We will be restored simply by His presence for our God is tender and strong and walks all roads with us. And when the world says to turn back and not complete the journey, those who believe can confidently press on down the road, or up the mountain knowing that the path will lead to the abundant life God has planned for each of us. We can do all through Christ who strengthens us with His grace, His love and gives us strength and help in time of need.

Take joy in the journey (it really hacks Satan off!). Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for one another. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: