Saturday, August 28, 2010

Happy Saturday!

Travis took second place in the power lifting meet this evening where he competed in the dead lift competition! On his final dead-lift of the day, he lifted 600 pounds, a personal best. He was the next youngest lifter at the competition. The lifter who won first place was a Fort Worth police officer who was 10-15 years older than Travis and he lifted 740 pounds. We are so proud of Travis and are thankful that he was not injured and competed well.

Those of you who were unable to attend the Summer Women’s Bible Study held at Advent missed a completely delightful and enlightening event. The tables were filled with wonderful sisters in Christ, all conversing and sharing prayer experiences and being led by Noralyn Carpenter, Flo Forester and myself. The lunch was delicious with tables filled with salad and a delicious banana pudding dessert. Many kudos to Nancy Kuper for organizing an inspiring event. I believe we all grew in Christ’s love for each other and our prayer lives will be greatly enriched because of our time spent together. I hope more events like this one will be planned in the future.

John 12:36 “Anyone who wants to be My disciple must follow me, because My servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves Me.”

I learned many years ago about living a life in piety. A life in piety is how you spend your life with Christ. The parts of a life in piety are study of the Word, prayer, worship and service. When we come into relationship with Christ, this new life brings with it the responsibilities of living that life in service to God to His people. We serve God in love. Every action we take is in service to the One who first loved us and gave His life so that we might serve Him here on earth and in eternity. The angels are always obedient as the messengers of God and serve Him continually. Angels, who have been created by God, do not need faith. They live face to face with God and do His bidding without a thought of being disobedient.

We, however, have been given the gift of faith by God and the gift of free will to make choices. When we accept Christ as our Lord and Savior then we are consecrated, holy and set apart for His service. We begin a new life in His service, a life spent in joy with the Father and with the power of the Holy Spirit.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all and see you in worship, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: