Monday, August 23, 2010

Happy Monday!

WOW! The first day of school is behind us and we are tired! The day was really wonderful. I currently have 21 students with the strong possibility of more to come.

Habakkuk 3:19 “The Lord God is my strength, and He will make my feet like hind’s feet, and he will make me to walk upon high places.”

As a teacher I begin the year with the end of the year in mind. I know where the children in my charge need to be in reading, writing and math by the end of the year. Student achievement is always at the forefront of my thinking. While we are climbing that mountain of learning I cannot allow the small scrapes and setbacks to allow learning and achievement to stop. We may have to back up sometimes, but we learn and keep the mountain top in our sights. If I only focus on the bumpy spots in the path or places that are difficult to master then the students become frustrated and the climb slows to a crawl. But if I teach the students that learning is stumbliness and stumbliness is goodness then each step in the learning process leads to the achievement for which we are striving. It is my job to equip the children through encouragement and teaching to keep climbing and reach their goals.

Our spiritual lives are sort of like this learning process. There are times when the climb is really tough and we just want to sit down or stay where we are. Or worse than that we want to climb back down the mountain and stop trying. God wants us to continue the climb. God will equip us through His Word, through encouragement from His children, through our brothers and sisters in Christ and through our prayer lives. If we think about each step in the climb as leading to the summit and seeing the glories and the beauty that the Father has prepared for us then we can view the climb differently. The climb may be really hard, but if we continue then we know what the summit of the mountain will hold and it changes our thoughts, feelings and attitudes about the climb. And maybe along the way we might experience a bit of joy!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS The Summer Women’s Bible Study has been rescheduled for Saturday, August 28th from 9:00—1:30. I would love to see you there. Bring a salad and enjoy some really wonderful fellowship. Peace, gc

No comments: