Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

Geni had a successful day at her school on Rhome, Texas, where she is working with a class of first graders. She was really tired when she got home. I told her to get used to it! The beginning of the school year is always exhausting.

Daniel 3:17 “If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace; and He will deliver us out of the hand of the king.”

Tomorrow I begin the third day of school and my first day of class at Brite. The professor I will have is the first professor I had when I began my studies at Brite two years ago. I only got to stay about half of the semester and then Casey got sick and I had to drop the class. The class this semester is on Christian worship. I have begun the reading and I think I am really going to enjoy the class. I ask your prayers as I begin this class on a subject that is near to my heart.

As I was reading the syllabus I read the expectations. One of the terms the professor used was “flawless.” The professor expects the work to be flawlessly presented. He expects the written work to be perfect with no spelling or grammar errors with proper references etc… I don’t know if I can write a “flawless” paper. But I know that God has called me to this seminary and to learn all I can. I also realize that as a chaplain (future chaplain) whether I can write a flawless paper will not matter, but I also know that I will never be that chaplain without learning all I can and rising to the expectation set out by the teachers at the seminary.

What I am asking God to do is to deliver me from the feelings of inadequacy and help me to learn and grow in the areas of academic and scholarly writing. God is a deliverer. He is my deliverer(and yours!). God’s Word tells us that with Him all things are possible and we must continue to trust in Him and cling with joy to this truth. If we accept and firmly believe this truth that with God all things are possible, then the growth we make in whatever endeavor we undertake with be within His will and blessed with His anointing.

I am in prayer for you and whatever mountains you have to climb. May God equip each of us with the tools to climb to the summit and soar to new heights.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer requests: I ask you to pray for Travis as he prepares to compete on Saturday in a power lifting meet. I pray for him to do well and stay injury free.

I also ask you to pray for the Summer Women’s Bible Study this Saturday at Advent Lutheran church. I will be leading the session on the power of prayer. I would love to see all of you there. Peace, gc

No comments: