Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy Thursday!

174 days down and one to go! There is one more day with the students and then Monday is the last day for teachers. This class has been a delight. They have been behaviorally easy, they have been hard workers and they have been really sweet. At the end of the day tomorrow we will have a summer birthdays party to celebrate the four students in the classroom who have summer birthdays.

I have a somewhat busy summer ahead with several projects that must be accomplished before returning to the classroom in August. Many people think that teachers have the summer off and just spend time by the pool, but not true. I already have two training events on the calendar and will add to that number before too very long. Technology advances by the day and I must advance with it!

Romans 13: 8 “Owe no man anything, but to love one another, for he that loves another has fulfilled the law.”

Love is the weapon we have at our disposal to fight all manner of things. Perfect love casts out fear and that same love can help us to fight sin. When we claim God’s love in the face of sin then we drive Satan further away and there is more space for God and His blessings to come into our hearts and lives. Perfect love is the love that only God can give because it comes with no strings attached. Praise is the response to the love of God for each of us. Praise is the way we can say thank you for God’s love being with us and in us. Joy is the reward for the obedience of claiming God’s love in the face of sin, praising Him and giving thanks for not just what He has done for us, but because He is God and He loves us.

Take great joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: