Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

Awards Day is such a big event in the lives of students everywhere. Each child in my classroom received an award for something and their parents were armed with cameras and a lot of pride! It has been a really great school year. Still working on that check-off list and thanks to a Charlotte’s Web video I almost got another of the tasks completed on the to do list.

Romans 8: 29 “For whom He did know before, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son.”

God knew each of us before we knew Him. He knew us while we were “still yet sinners.” God knew that we would sin and fall short of His glory but that did not keep Him from loving us. God created each of us to come into relationship with Him. He loves His creation so much that He desires a relationship with us. Jesus is the venue through which the love of God flows. God’s love for us was modeled by Jesus, who lived a life that not only contained joy and victory, but sorrow and suffering as well. When Jesus asked the Disciples if they were "ready to drink of the cup that I drink, the wine of sorrow and disappointment", He was asking them “are you willing to become like me?” When we come into relationship with God through Jesus, we become God’s child and brother to Jesus. As we grow in His likeness the worldly man within each of us becomes less and the image of Christ becomes much clearer. I pray each day to be transparent so that when others see me they see less of Gaylene and more of Christ within me.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: