Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

Tonight I prepared dinner using some of the herbs from my kitchen window herb garden. That was really fun and tasted and smelled wonderful! Now if my Topsy- Turvey tomato planter will bear fruit then I will be really excited. The plants are growing and for that I am happy!

2 Timothy 1:9 “It is He who saved us and chose us for His holy work not because we deserved it but because that was His plan.”

Easter is an act of God. Easter is an act of grace. Easter is an act of redemption. What does it mean to redeem something? Read a coupon sometime and you will find it says “redeemable at any Sears or JC Penny’s or wherever.” The coupon will offer an amount of money towards the purchase of something. Kroger sends me coupons for items I really use. (Somehow they keep track of that sort of thing.) When I take that coupon to the store it allows me to get $.50 off of coffee creamer. The coffee creamer’s price is still the same, but because of my coupon I don’t have to pay as much. I get to redeem the coupon that is worth $.50. I pay less, but the value of the product is still the same.

When Jesus died on the cross He redeemed each of us. All of our sins from the past, present, and future were presented to God and instead of the price being reduced it was marked paid in full. The assignment God gave to Jesus was to reconcile the world back unto Himself through His death on the cross and His glorious resurrection. Jesus went about doing God’s holy work. Jesus worked in service to His Father. In the Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren he states, “We are not saved by service, we are saved for service.” Jesus spent His time on earth living a life of obedient service and showing us how to serve others through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus had a purpose. We have the same purpose. We do not all accomplish this purpose in the same way. Just remember that God has a purpose for each of us in the ministry to His Body. Our mission is Easter. It is time to reach out to others and tell them about what Jesus has done in our lives. Christ is Risen! He is risen indeed. Alleluia!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: