Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

The heat was back on the building today and we were all much happier than yesterday.

1 John 3:16 "Our love should not be just words and talk, it must be true love, which shows itself in action."

I remember about a month before Casey died. Travis was in the office in our room working on the computer. He asked me "Mom is there any hope for Casey?" My response was ,"Son, there is always hope, I just don't think we are going to have the time with him we would like." I had begun to feel that we were losing Casey, but I wasn't sure what was causing me to feel this way. I am sure it may have been God's way of preparing me and speaking to my Mother's heart. It was then I began to realize how important time is and how I spend my time.

I think the gift God gives us is the gift of time. The importance of time is that we only have a set amount of it. We do not know how much time each of us has so I believe how we spend our time is so important. For the believer, our time should be spent in love. Love is the action by which God spreads His message of salvation. God uses us as the focus of His love and then expects us to share His radically abundant love with any people with whom we come into contact.

How do we show this amazing love? We show God's love by listening, praying, giving of ourselves in time spent with someone. When we spend a portion of our lives with someone it is time we will never get back. When we give of ourselves in time we make a sacrifice. Sacrifice is the essence of love. A sacrifice is when you are willing to give of yourself and put others before yourself.

Who was the perfect model of sacrifice? Jesus Christ. Jesus knew it was the plan of the Father to sacrifice Himself to show how much He loves each of us. We are all such busy people that taking a moment for someone else is at times difficult. Aren't we glad that Jesus has always had time for each of us and that his life was never too busy to spend a few moments to hear our shouts of joy, tears of sadness or just to listen to us when we need to talk.

Can we offer the same to others? Just throwing it out there...

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: