Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Friday!

Today was FAFSA day. Our taxes having been completed is always the pre-requisite for filling out the financial aid forms for the coming school year. With three of us in school we need all of the help we can get!

Isaiah 45:3 “And I will give you the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that you may know that I, the Lord, which call you by your name, am the God of Israel.”

I could not resist this passage from Isaiah. As I am sitting here I am remembering that a week ago tonight Bruce and I were snuggled in our bed in the dark covered in several blankets with the laptop on battery power watching a movie. I think the movie might have been a treasure in the darkness! The interesting thing about the power going out is how quiet the house is. It provided light, sound and a bit more pleasant way to endure a power outage.

By the end of the weekend we were all pretty tired of the dark and candlelight dinners were becoming highly overrated! But we tried not to complain and to treat the time as an adventure.

God wants us to meet all of our difficulties with love, laughter and a sense of the spirit of adventure. I would love to tell you that this is easy, but there are times it is not. We must always remember that even in the darkest places of our heart, God is always there and he would ask us to rest in Him. God asks us to endure whatever is placed before us and always remember that He is with us no matter what the difficulty. God also asks us to endure to the end. Continue to pray, continue to seek God’s will in the Word, continue to worship and to stay in close contact with God’s people. The more we come to know God in places of darkness maybe the darkness will not seem quite so difficult.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: