Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

Please allow a proud parent moment…Bruce and I proudly announce that Geni has made the Dean’s List at UNT! Again! She messaged me at school to tell me the news. I was so proud and excited for her. She has worked really hard and deserves this wonderful recognition. Way to go baby girl!!

Romans 12:1 “Offer yourselves as a living sacrifice to God, dedicated to His service and pleasing to Him. This is true worship that you should offer.”

At Advent Lutheran Church there are electrical as well as heating and air conditioning repairs going on in the sanctuary. We will be having worship for the next two Sundays in Luther Hall, the large gym and multi-purpose area. Being a member of the Praise Team, I am really excited about this new location to worship with the band and congregation. There are still some logistics to be worked out, but I have full confidence in Jeremy and Addie to make all things well before our arrival on Sunday.

But tonight I want to share a Holy moment. Many of my holy moments happen in music. Tonight was no exception. One of my favorite songs is Revelation Song. The song features a beautiful soloist singing three of the verses with the team joining her on the chorus. Tonight in rehearsal as she sang the verses to the song, the passion she poured into the beautiful words of this song caused the praise team to miss our entrance and forget to sing when it was our turn. Addie stopped us and said we were all sitting there with our eyes toward heaven and completely caught up in the holy moment of this piece. The tears began to flow as we struggled to get back into the song and the moment of worship that happened in rehearsal had taken us to another place.

Worship is not just done with our lips and voices. Worship happens each time we respond to the call of Christ in our lives. When it comes to worship, we need to understand that it is not just a spectator sport. Sometimes those who lead worship forget to worship. For some it becomes a job or a service instead of surrendering to the holy moments worship can provide.

Tonight the praise team worshiped as we offered up the sacrifice of praise during rehearsal. It was such a powerful moment that we asked to sing the piece again in Luther Hall as we prepared for Sunday morning. No matter where we are in our lives and daily let us never pass up a chance to worship with our lips, our voices, our service and our prayers. Don’t let a holy moment pass you by.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS A funny moment happened when we were singing the Revelation Song and we missed our entrance, Addie told us to not forget to sing! We laughed hysterically for about five minutes. Take joy…gc

No comments: