Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happy Thursday!

Baby, it’s cold and wet outside. I am grateful for the warmth of our home. It is not only warm from the heaters in each room, but warm from the family that sat around the table tonight and laughed over scrambled eggs and bacon for dinner. I got to share a joy tonight at dinner. I got an A on my first paper in my class at Brite. This class is so much more enjoyable than last semester.

Hosea 11:9 “I am the Holy One and I am among you.”

Tonight in my class on the Book of Common Prayer we were presented with a case study about inclusive language. Inclusive language is one of those politically correct entities that is filtering down through all areas of our lives. Inclusive language is supposed to give names to God that are gender neutral. So we began to list some other names for God that would not name God with “He.” We thought of Savior, Redeemer, Healer, and others.

When I sat down to read my meditations for the evening this scripture verse was within the meditation. I don’t think we thought of “Holy One.” The name Holy One would identify God and then along with the name, the verse tells us where God is…God is with us.

If it ever seems that God is far away we only have to claim this verse to realize that God is the Holy One and God is with us. You see, if you don’t think God is where you are, I am pretty sure God is not the One who moved.

God loves us and wants a relationship with us. This verse reminds us that God is and remains with us no matter what and no matter where we move.

So if a tough road is before you and you need some assurance that God will be with you, fear not…God is already there. Go into battle armed with the promises of God.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, carry an umbrella, count you blessings and say your prayers. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: