Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

Proverbs 4:23 “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.”

Psalm 33:11 “God’s plans endure forever; His purposes last eternally.”

It seems that God continues to teach me about keeping continuously in His presence. In my daily devotion the meditations are dwelling on keeping God uppermost in my thoughts no matter what is going on. The first phrase of tonight’s devotion is “keep your Spirit-life calm and unruffled.” That says to me that no matter what is going on around me that I am to focus on God for guidance and leave all cares to Him.

When we enter into a relationship with God through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ it is a relationship that goes beyond this earth. That means that each choice we make while on the earth has rewards or consequences. So it causes me the think about what I hold important and how I go about making decisions. So in my prayer time I am praying to remember to go to God first when making not just important and big decisions, but the small ones throughout the day. The meditation called this “living in the light of eternity.” I need to look past what is temporary and focus on what will last forever.

The things of this world will not matter when I stand before the throne of grace in the light of God’s Holiness. What will last forever will be the way I have treated others. What will last forever is the way I have reflected the love of God to those around me. Have I treated those I have come in contact with Godly love? Have I shown the love of God to friends, family and strangers? And have I shared the message of God’s love and grace through Jesus when the opportunity presented itself?

Okay, so do we live in the “light of eternity”? Eternity begins when we enter into the relationship with God through His Son, Jesus Christ.

Give it some thought and take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: