Monday, December 28, 2009

Blessed Sunday to you all!

Bruce and I led worship in the Christian churches in Rocket and Palmer Texas today. These are two lovely small congregations made up of primarily elderly people. These are lovely people who are greatly loyal to their congregations and were very kind to us. It has been a while since Bruce and I sang duets together and it was a great joy for both of us.

Isaiah 44:2 “I Am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born,” says the Lord.

Travel back in time with me 2000 years. Put yourself in Mary’s sandles from the first meeting with the angel to the birth of our Savior. Can you imagine the how Mary must have felt? How frightened she must have been. How unworthy she must have felt? How she questioned the decision God made to have her carry His Son? Do you suppose God whispered this scripture to Mary while she carried Jesus?

This passage of scripture would have been a comfort to Mary. Even though Mary was called to such a high purpose, God knew she was up to the task because it was all in His plan. God says in this passage that you are in my care and were in my care even before you were born. God has had each of us in mind before we were born. We are the focus of His love and the most valuable of all His creations. None of us are accidents. Out of His love for us God created each of us because it was His desire, He wanted to. When God created each of us He created us for a purpose. He gave each of us talents. Our gift back to God is that we return our talent to Him in service and to glorify His name. But I believe His purpose for each of us is to act as Jesus on the earth. God has called each of us to act with love and compassion to those we meet. God has called each of us to forgive because we have been forgiven and to obediently serve in His name with gladness.

The next time a task comes before you that seems more than you can handle, remember that God created you. God gave you talents to use in his service. Take a deep breath, say a prayer and give thanks to God for where He will lead you in this journey.

Take comfort and joy in the journey and wear comfortable shoes. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Mom is doing well and still in the hospital. Keep her and Daddy in your prayers. Thanks mighty prayer warriors!

No comments: