Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Greetings from Austin St.

Happy Tuesday! Another snow! WOW! God really does good work!

Today’s event was that our fridge went out. Geni discovered it late last night. It is a new fridge (purchased less than a year ago) and Lowes, true to their service agreement is bringing a new fridge tomorrow. Praise God!

Psalm 62: 10 “Trust not in oppression and become not vain in robbery; if riches increase, set not your heart upon them.”

This passage causes me to kneel before the throne of grace and ask forgiveness. I must admit that there are times I pray for more money. But the wealth God provides is wealth that never runs out. God never hoards His gifts and does not squander His treasure as I often do.

God provides the wealth sufficient for my needs and for the work He needs me to do. God’s wealth doesn’t always come in dollars. His wealth comes in faith, grace sufficient for every need (such an emergency fridge and one that is an upgrade from the one we currently have…God met the need with more than we asked) and lots of forgiveness.

God’s greatest gift is His constant presence in our lives. He gave us Jesus for our salvation and then sent the Holy Spirit so that His spirit, His essence is with us constantly. What an amazing treasure God has provided and what love He has shown to us by wanting to be with us all the time.

Let us give thanks for God’s loving presence in our lives and always keep our hearts open to Him.

Take comfort and joy in the journey and wear comfortable shoes. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Tomorrow we are leaving for San Antonio to spend the New Year with Carme and Dave. Please pray travel mercy for us and the safety of Geni and Travis as they remain here.

No comments: