Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Monday!

Psalm 138: 6 “Though the Lord be high, yet has He respect unto the lowly: but the proud He knows far off.”

One of the pieces Bruce sang on Sunday morning was titled A Strange Way to Save the World. These are Joseph’s questions to God about his role in all of this mysterious story. Joseph asks, “Why me? I’m just a simple man of trade.” “Why her? She’s just an ordinary girl. “Why here? Beside this manger filled with hay with all of the rulers in the world.”

We are all God’s children; the rich and the poor, the mighty and the lowly and the righteous as well as the outcast. God came to the earth in the form of a baby into a family. Jesus was not born into a rich family. No, He was born into a poor family. Jesus never lived a life of wealth. He lived a life of poverty. God came to earth in this way so that those who were outcast might know love without conditions and acceptance. Jesus showed the poor that the path of salvation was not paved with money, but faith. And isn’t it interesting that God chose to announce His revealed presence to a bunch of shepherds and have His son to be born in the lowliest of places, a stable, and place His child into the loving care of a young couple with no status in the community and no wealth? Here is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace being brought into the world not within the palace walls, but in a stable with only the animals and stars for witnesses. Jesus came to us by a lowly birth. Jesus modeled that godly life from His very first breath in the lowliness of a manger.

As we journey out of the barn and out into the world I ask you to remember how the Savior came to you. I don’t know about you, but when I asked Jesus into my heart as a teenager I was on my knees. The journey I have made with Jesus did not begin in a barn, but it did begin when I surrendered my heart over to Him. How about you?

Take comfort and joy in the journey my friends and wear comfortable shoes. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer Requests:
Please continue to keep Mom in your prayers. She sounds great and she is doing better, but is still in the hospital.

Please keep Shaleena Russell in your prayers. She is the daughter of our best friends David and Carmella Russell. She is having an eye surgery this week. Thank you all mighty and wonderful prayer warriors. gc

No comments: