Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Wednesday!

A lot of news from Austin St.

First, Travis was lifting 410 pounds on the bench press last evening and tore part of his left pectoral muscle and part of his left bicep muscle. We spent last night in the ER getting pain medicine. He went to a sports medicine doc today and will be receiving physical therapy for the next couple of weeks. Please pray for him, the pain is pretty tough, but he doesn’t complain.

Second, my 3rd paper has left the building and is in the hands of my professor.

Geni will teach for the third day on tomorrow. She seems to be enjoying teaching. On Monday she was at Burton Hill in 3rd and 5th grade classrooms teaching science or social studies. She spent today in a middle school and Friday she will be in a high school. On the 20th she will be in room #6 as I have been called to jury duty.

I ask you to please pray for Bruce. Work has come to a screeching halt for him. There have been no door issues or home repairs. My prayers are for work to come back his way.Thank you mighty prayer warriors.

Psalm 16:11 “In Your presence there is fullness of joy; in Your right hand there are pleasures for evermore.”

When I wake up in the morning I am practicing to step into God’s presence. I don’t remember each morning, but I remember most mornings. The crazy thing is that when I ask to be in God’s presence, I am not summoning Him. I am simply recognizing and acknowledging that God is beside me. Stepping into God’s presence helps me rub the sleep from my eyes much like the scales were removed from the apostle Paul. It is like having Bruce hold my hand and even after almost 29 years of marriage, it makes me feel loved and I get a thrill of joy. Even after all of these years he still likes to hold my hand. It is the most wonderful feeling of nearness.

Call on the name of Jesus. Call on the name of Jesus often. Keep Jesus as close as your next breath and you will remain in His presence all day.

Take joy in the journey and wear comfortable shoes. Love and peace to you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: