Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Friday!

Psalm 37: 1-4 “Fret not thyself because of evildoers…Trust in the Lord and do good…Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give you the desires of your heart.”

I have a friend whose son is engaged. This is a young man who has been raised in the church, understands about service and loves to serve the Lord and has a personal relationship with Christ. His fiancé is not a believer and Satan is on the attack in this relationship. His parents are riding a fine line of speaking only when it seems appropriate. It is a tough spot for any parent to be. Finally, these wonderful parents have given their son the best advice of all. They have told him to “get your heart right with God and everything will fall into place according to His will.”

This young man is in a place of confusion and is desperately seeking peace in his heart. The way to peace is through praise. Praise is so hard when the circumstances are tough, but when you praise God in your stress, your despair, your sorrow and your confusion, then sorrow is turned to Joy, and confusion is changed from disorder to order and chaos is turned to calm.

Remember, all of these changes must begin with each of US. Change must occur from within us. And when our hearts change, the outward circumstances may not change, but we will guided and directed in the way we should go. When we change our hearts through praise then the power of God is released and sorrow and confusion is changed into Joy and Peace.

As I write this piece I remember a song I used to sing called “Praise You Just the Same.” One of the lines is “Help me to remember that even You were made to cry. O Son of God, Redeemer, You knew that Yours was not to reason why. And when I feel like dying, help me that I don’t stop trying, but thank You, Lord, and praise you just the same. Let me thank you Lord and praise you just the same.”

God has walked all of our roads before us. Let us praise Him when we are lost and confused and He will always show up to bring us out of chaos, confusion and sorrow and restore us to peace, joy and calm.

Take joy in the journey and wear a sweater. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: