Sunday, August 16, 2009


The whole trip Travis was wanting to see a shark attack. This was the closest he got to one, thank goodness!!

Blessed Sunday!

Sometimes we make decisions and then God intervenes. Yesterday our plans (Geni, Travis and I) were to travel to Tyler for a Happening Team Meeting. Later in the day another teen needed a ride making my car full plus one. So I elected to not attend the meeting so that all of the young people could attend. This morning, one of the young people to whom we were to give a ride called and brought her family’s Explorer now making enough room for all to attend. So I went.

The meeting was wonderful. The team is great and getting excited. Now we are praying for participants. This Happening Weekend will take place the last weekend of September in McGregor, Texas. McGregor is located just outside of Waco. Let me know if you know of any young person age 15-18 who would like to attend and we will get them an application. Please pray for the weekend, the team, parent staff and participants.

John 6: 56 “Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.”

This is the devotion I shared with the Happening Staff today.

Do you remember when the Mrs. Baird’s Bread-making plant was just off of the highway in downtown Fort Worth? Were you like me and when you rounded that bend in the highway you rolled down the window to smell the delicious aroma of the freshly baked bread? Is that the most wonderful aroma ever?

When Moses led the new nation of Israel across the desert and they ran out of food, they prayed for food and God rained down manna for them to make bread. In Biblical times the woman of each home would rise early, light the fires and bake the bread for the day. When bread dough is prepared with yeast then the bread rises before it is baked. Even yeast after a while dies and is no longer useful for baking bread. When Jesus appears in the lives of those in the area of Galilee He feeds the 5000 with bread. And in His final meal with His disciples He shares bread with them and explains about the meaning of bread.

Jesus explains that the manna from heaven, the bread from the ovens, the bread shared with the 5000 and now the bread shared with His closest followers will only satisfy for a day. The bread which is eaten from the table will be consumed and burned up for energy. The bread from heaven, the bread which God sent in Jesus will live in us forever.

This bread is God on foot. This bread is the only bread that was consumed on the cross, but rose again after death never to die again, but to live forever by the power of the Holy Spirit which is in each of us. When we choose to accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, ask for and accept forgiveness for our sins and give Him lordship over our life, we have then consumed the body of Christ and it will never die. The living bread of Jesus remains with us forever.

Friends, share the bread form the table and then share the bread from your heart with those you love. I am back in inservice tomorrow.

Take joy in the journey. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: