Wednesday, August 19, 2009


Any guesses? I'll tell you tomorrow!

Happy Wednesday!

I am sorry I missed writing last night. I was super tired and had a meeting to prepare for today. But the other issue has been my eyes. Just before we left on our cruise last month my left eye became red and enflamed and in pain. So I did not wear my contact lenses for a few days and it seemed to clear up. I wore my contacts again and by the end of the day the inflammation returned. This pattern repeated for several times. I finally stopped wearing my contact lenses and went to the optometrist. Bottom line is that I have a sort of ulcer on my cornea. Doc prescribed an antibi otic steroid eye drop. She assured me that this medicine will take care of the problem. My problem has been that my eyes have had to work harder while wearing my glasses and it is making me really tired.

1Corinthians 2: 9 “No one has ever imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him.”

When I read this verse tonight I thought about my classroom. My classroom is almost completely different than it has ever been before. Due to all of the construction I have had to make major changes is the arrangement. The children who are coming to me will be so surprised. Many of them have come to classroom in the past and knew what it looked like, but they have not seen it since all of the changes. The children could guess what their new room will look like, but until they arrive on Monday they will not know.

Do you think we have God figured out? I mean really. Can you imagine how the woman who was about to be stoned for adultery felt when the men around her dropped their rocks and walked away? Can you imagine how the woman at the well felt when Jesus told her “I Am He of who you speak. I Am the Messiah.” Can you imagine the awed surprise these people felt when they were in the presence of the Master and the situation completely changed?

When was a time that you stood in the presence of Jesus and the tears changed into joy? For me I sat in the presence of Jesus when Casey told me he was not afraid to die. And even though it was one of the most heart breaking moments I will ever have in my life, it was also a moment of peace. I knew my son and spoken with the Master Himself and was not afraid. After all of the bad news I was given to deliver, God chose this moment to bring His good news to me. My child was to be received into the Kingdom and into the presence of the Living God and he would go unafraid.

God stands with us when the world chooses to hammer at us and says, “Fear not! I Am with you.”

Take joy in the journey and walk unafraid. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: