Saturday, August 8, 2009


A question for you - is it my imagination, or do I see the front of our ship in those clouds? This picture was taken the first morning we were on board.

Happy Saturday!

Psalm 4:8 “I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep for Thou, Lord, only makes me dwell in safety.”

I have things that sometimes keep me awake. Sometimes those things are the things left undone from the previous day. I either forgot to do them or I simply ran out of time and energy. Sometimes I can’t sleep because there are critical bills I did not have the money to pay and I am concerned as to how I am going to rectify the situation. Sometimes sleep does not come easy because there are too many things to think about. Sometimes I cannot sleep when Geni and Travis are out late and I am concerned for their safety. I do not sleep very well until they are both at home and in their beds. There are any number of reasons why sleep does not always come easy. But the problem is that lack of sleep does not solve anything. Not sleeping only results in me being tired and sleepier the next day.

This scripture tells me to trust in the Lord. This scripture tells me that God wants me to empty myself of the concerns of the day and rest in Him during the night. This scripture even says that I am to lay down in peace because God promises His safety to me. (I need to remember this scripture when Bruce leaves for Kairos weekends.) I think the hardest lesson for each of us to learn is that God will divinely supply what we need if we empty ourselves of our worries and concerns. God can only fill an empty vessel. If we give over what keeps us from wholly trusting God then God can fill us with peace and we can rest in safety.

Friends let us trust God wholly and rely on God alone. He promises to meet our needs with His Divine Supply. Sleep well my precious friends.

Take joy in the journey and fluff your pillows. Love you all and see you in worship, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: