Tuesday, August 4, 2009


Travis watching for dolphins and flying fish.

Happy Tuesday!

Well, as the old saying goes, “Don’t count you chickens before they are hatched.” Due to an error on the part of TCU I will not be receiving my difference check on Friday. So that means that Travis will not get his desk as we had planned. But in my daily practice to find God in all I do I am sure that Travis will get a desk, it just won’t be the one he originally picked out and God is trying to teach me (again) to not spend money before it is in my hand. God will meet this need in His time and when it is right for us.

Also, a piece of way cool news: my best friend, Carme Russell is coming for a visit next Monday. She is only to be here for a day. Bruce and Travis will pick her up at the airport around 7:00 am and return her to the airport in the evening. We are so looking forward to her visit. I think that she and Travis have a date for tattoos. Time will tell…

1 John 5:12 “He that has the Son, has life, and he that has not the Son has not life.”

BHE Fellowship met today and we talked about the scripture from John 6 and what can we do to perform the works of God. Jesus answers with “Believe in the One whom He sent.” And then we discussed the scripture from Micah 6 that talks about act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with our Lord.” And then today the Word tells us that if we have Christ then we have life…if we do not have Christ then we do not have life. In our devotional book God Calling, we talked about the godly ways in which the Father has called us to act.

At the heart of all of this is that God, through His Son, Jesus, wants to be a part of all of our lives. In the meditation we studied along with the scripture, we learned that Eternal Life begins with our first breath. As the Spirit gives us our breath… as we grow in the likeness of Christ and as we continue along the path of faith, we are to give more and more of ourselves to God and into His leading. In all of our days, nights and times God wants to be the One abiding Presence of whom we are conscious all the time. We must “seek to do less and accomplish more. Doing is action, but achievement is successful action.” (from God Calling) As teachers we may write these words and post them in our classrooms. We do all kinds of stuff every day, but if we are not achieving our goal, which is the higher calling of God in Christ Jesus, then we are just doing stuff.

Again, God is seeking to be in each part of our lives. The only way we can act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with our God is by making Him the One constant in our lives and learning all we can about Him and how to act like Him.

Let’s try something together. Get a card and write this simple prayer on it: “O Jesus, I love You so much and long to serve You.” Place this card on your side of the bed and as you say your “nightie nights” (as one of my favorite principals used to say), pray this simple prayer. Then when you awaken in the morning and roll over to turn off the alarm clock let’s say this little prayer even before your feet hit the floor. If you are not much of a morning person perhaps you could place the card in the car and say the prayer as you are driving to work after a couple of cups of coffee. Won’t it be the coolest thing ever to see where God will take us and use us? “You are the potter, I am the clay. Mold me and make me after Thy will, while I am waiting yielded and still.”

Take joy in the journey and find some air conditioning! Love you all so much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.
PS Let me know where God leads you. This could be really cool! gc

No comments: