Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Wednesday! What a wonderful day! Water aerobics, Burton Hill Fellowship and dinner with Bruce and Travis at Starbucks. Geni is, at this writing, on her way to San Antonio. Two of her close friends from school were trying to make a train in Fort Worth as the first leg of their trip. They missed their train by just a few minutes. They called their friend Geni and she is taking them to San Antonio to catch the train there. Our best friends, Carme and Dave Russell, are housing these three adventurous young ladies tonight. The two friends will catch the train at the very early hour of 5:00 am in the morning for a long train ride to California. Geni has an online test tomorrow and will return either Friday or Saturday. It will be Saturday if Carme has anything to say about it. The two friends were just going to hang out at the train station all night until it was time to meet their 5:00 am departure. Well, these two Moms (Carme and I) said, “No, no, no, we don’t think so!” So say a prayer for the safety of the girls and a prayer of thanksgiving for Carme, Dave and their big ol’ loving hearts to let the girls stay in safety and love for the night.

2 Kings 20: 5 “I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; indeed, I will heal you…”

I have several friends who are experiencing problems in their lives currently that are heartbreaking issues. Each week as we exchange prayer partners at the meeting of the Burton Hill Fellowship I put as a request “God will continue to bring healing to our family as we continue through the grieving process at the loss of Casey. This verse is such a powerful affirmation of the promise of God’s love, compassion and caring for those He loves. God is a God of love, but God is also a God of power. Scripture tells us that nothing is impossible with God. We as earthly people may not be able to change anything. We may not convince someone to change their mind even when we believe with all our heart that what they are doing is wrong. But, God can make the change. God can change what seems to be unchangeable.

In my favorite book, Hinds Feet on High Places, the central character Much Afraid, is lame and yet the Shepherd asks her to climb a mountain in order to reach the High Places of Love. The Shepherd tells Much Afraid that His favorite thing to do is changing what is seemingly impossible into what is not only possible but is His plan all along. Since Fear or any of the Fearing Family cannot live in the High Places of Love, Much Afraid must be changed. She is changed into Grace and Glory. She receives this name because it is the exact way the Shepherd has treated her. The Shepherd gives her one of His own names.

If God, our Shepherd, were to give us one of His own names, what name would He give to us? How has God treated us? The first name He would give to me would be Forgiveness and then I would hope He would give me the name Joy. Even in our heartbreaking sadness over the loss of Casey, God is slowly (as we allow) replacing our sadness and grief with Joy and Peace. Do I still shed daily tears over Casey’s absence? Without fail! Will I ever forget the last year and a half of our lives and Casey’s last moments in my arms? Never! But, God in His great compassion and promise of healing love is surrounding me, Bruce, Geni and Travis with a little more peace each day and the heartfelt knowledge that He has heard my prayers.

So to my friends who are hurting I offer this verse of promise and affirmation. I will claim this verse in prayer for you and to the readers of this blog I will claim this verse for all of you who are shedding tears over problems that seem impossible. Remember, God loves to change the things in our lives from impossible to probable and then into reality. Claim His power in your life and ask for His healing.

Take joy in the journey and stay cool. Love you all so very much. Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: