Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Saturday! My dear friend Lisa came over today to help me with planting flowers. I was beginning to think I had a bad case of black thumb when in fact what I had was a case of lack of education.

Lisa grows beautiful flowers. We went shopping today for flowers at a lovely nursery on Division St. Lisa educated me on how to buy flowers for different seasons and temperatures. So I now have appropriate plants for Texas heat. We had a really great time planting, transplanting and repositioning different plants according to their needs. I learned a lot today. A master gardener I will never be, but I am grateful to Lisa for being patient with me and teaching me a few things so maybe my black thumb will lighten up just a bit!

Tonight Travis went to the prom. He and his date met another couple to attend the prom together. Everyone looked so nice and proud parents were there to take pictures and wish them well and safety for the night. Travis will be out all night. So pray for safety for him and his date and for his parents who will not sleep as well as usual tonight.

John 7:38 “If anyone believes in Me, rivers of living water will flow out from that person’s heart.”

The month of May 2009 has been really busy. Teaching school, going to college and having a graduating senior have made this an extremely busy month for me. When I get really busy or I am working around the house I usually have a glass of Crystal Lite or iced tea close by on which to sip on as I go about the tasks ahead. I usually make a gallon pitcher of these beverages so I do not run out quickly.

I am so glad God’s river of life, His pitcher of water does not run dry. I need sips from that clear running stream all day long. I need the energy it gives. I need the forgiveness it so kindly offers up for me. I need the renewed Spirit that keeps the water flowing down so that I may drink as much as I need without fear of a drought. I need the comforting tender mercies this river bathes me in when I am troubled or sad. And I need the calmness from those peaceful flowing waters especially right now. Jesus invites each of us to drink of this living water just as He invited the woman at the well. The old song, “Fill My Cup, Lord,” speaks of this living water and asks that this water fill our cups and make us whole. Let us bring our cups, our hearts and souls and ask the Father to fill them with His live giving, living water and be made whole today.

Take joy in the journey. Love you all and see you in worship! Drink hearty! Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: