Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Friday! The first grade picnic is behind us (Geni and Travis were tremendous helpers) and we are marching toward the final days of this school year. And today I am better. Yesterday I was blithering. Today I am more at peace.

Philippians 3:13, 14 “The one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind…I press on toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”

I had begun to sort of beat myself up over being so stressed out yesterday. I was not very nice to my family and I regret my words and actions. Then I read this passage and remembered that all I have to do is ask for forgiveness and forget yesterday’s mistakes and do better today. Today I counted my blessings and put yesterday’s failures behind me. Today I chose to breathe in God’s richest blessings, forget what lay behind me and ask for more of God’s love.

What happened was wonderful. When I asked God for more of His love I discovered I had more love to give. God gave me enough strength to take care of a 24 hour day. And when I don’t have the strength to carry the whole day then I need to remember to ask for God to carry the rest. Yesterday, I did not breathe in the Holy Spirit and exhale the love of God. I pray I have learned and will remember this lesson throughout this week (and for a long time past this week). Yesterday I was miserable and being miserable is not a godly quality. Yesterday I was living in self-pity and sin and did not pray for forgiveness. Yesterday I separated myself from God. Huge mistake!!

Today I spent time in prayer, thanksgiving, counted my blessings and breathed in the renewing power of the Holy Spirit. The journey from despair was an uphill climb, but when I asked God to take my hand and pull me back unto Him I found that the only one who moved was me. He was there all the time. I found that God’s everlasting love for me was just a prayer away. So friends take joy in this amazing journey God has laid before us and may you learn your lessons easier than me.

Take joy in the journey. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: