Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Friday! The butterfly count is 9.

I must admit it took me most of the day to shake off the events of last night. But finally after school today I began not to feel so sad. I have always heard the lesson of Saturday. Jesus was crucified and died on a Friday and rose on Sunday. But there was the long day of Saturday. Maybe I am still in Saturday. It helped to come home and anticipate the homecomings of Bruce and the kids. We took dinner over to Travis this evening and ate all together. Usually what helps is being with Bruce, Geni and Travis.

I have some great news. I have completed 10 hours of an 81 hour masters degree. My GPA is high enough that I am going to receive a 70% tuition discount for the 2009—2010 school year. I was totally excited.

Psalm 66: 9 “He protects our lives and does not let us be defeated.”

Today is my daddy’s birthday. He turned 76. My Mom lords it over him for the next three months as for that time daddy is older than mom. It is too funny. Tonight I called to wish him a Happy Birthday and asked how they spent his birthday. Daddy still works a full day in a sheet metal shop. So after work he and mother went to do their walking and then did some shopping. I asked him if they went out to eat. He said, “Yes, Chick Fillet.” I teased him about being such a party animal!!

Growing up I knew I would always be safe and well cared for in our family home. I knew I would always be welcome no matter what. Even when I messed up I was always welcomed home and loved. Make no mistake, there was discipline still to face, but I took comfort in that because I always knew Mom and Daddy loved me enough to teach me right from wrong. On the other hand there were celebrations when we (my brother and I) achieved some special award or recognition. I was so fortunate that I could always talk to both Mom and Daddy when I needed to whether it was easy conversation or a serious discussion. Mom and daddy always made time for me and Ken and seemed to try a bit harder than the parents of some of my friends.

God wants a special relationship with each of us. God wants a relationship that is complete. God desires a relationship that is comfortable enough for us to talk in easy conversation or on serious matters with Him. God desires a relationship of trust; a trust so strong that we know we are always welcome in His house even when we mess up. In God’s house there is always space available. There is always a plate at the table and a comfortable chair. God chose and invited us to share His house with Him in the life of His Son Jesus. It is through Jesus that we learn how God is our Father and how much He loves us. God wants us to share His home with Him because…He is our Father. He likes His kids close.

Take joy in the journey. Love you all and Happy birthday Daddy! Love, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: