Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Wednesday! Due to the icy weather there was no school today for me or Travis, and Geni had classes beginning at 12:00. It was kind of nice to sleep in for a bit today and drink coffee in bed watching Matlock. Some friends gave us Stock show and Rodeo tickets for tonight. We left mid-afternoon and spent the afternoon in the exhibit hall and then on to the rodeo. I had not been to a rodeo in years and so it was great fun.

Psalm 16:11 says, “You will teach me how to love a holy life.” This morning I watched Evan Almighty, one of my favorite movies. In it, as God is talking to the wife of Evan Baxter (the main character), He tells her that when people pray for patience, God does not zap them with patience but gives them opportunities to become patient, if someone asks for courage does God give them courage or opportunities to become courageous? The final one is my favorite; if someone prays for their family to become closer does God give them warm fuzzy feelings or does God provide opportunities to love each other? Lately I have been praying for God to grow Himself in me. I know…be careful for what you pray. The way I think He will grow Himself in me is by providing more opportunities for me to serve and getting me deeper into the Word. I am pretty sure that this is only part of the plan. Jeremiah 29:11 says, “I know what I am planning for you, says the Lord. I have plans for you, not plans to hurt you.”

The verse from Jeremiah is for all of us. This verse gives me assurance. For me, it says that God is guiding me along the path on which He is leading. And when I am confused (and believe me theology can be really confusing to this gray-haired 53 year old student!), I ask God to make this study clear to me and how I am to use it in the furthering of the kingdom. I claim this verse for our children. Geni and Travis are bright, caring, funny and loving young adults. I do not know the plans God has for them, but I know this verse speaks to them and God will lead them to know His plan.
Claim this verse when you pray. Claim this verse for yourself, your loved ones, your children and give thanks for the assurance that God, Himself; the creator of all, the giver of every good and perfect gift, Father of our Lord and Savior; Jesus the Christ and Lord of Hosts loves you so much that He would plan for you and me to be a part of His kingdom. Take advantage of the opportunities God puts in your path serve, be more loving and learn more of Him.

Take joy in the journey. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: