Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Thursday! Going to school today was really interesting. I began at home with my car not starting and ended up taking Geni’s first little car. I think the “Old girl”, my Taurus, was just a bit cold and wanted to sleep in a bit longer. Bruce started it right up when the temperature got a little warmer. I told Bruce later that maybe she just needed a “blankie and some chicken soup.”

Any way the drive was what was interesting. I drove through Arlington headed toward the highway through seriously dense fog. Bruce called me during the drive just to check on me and asked me where I was. I told him I wasn’t sure and I would tell him when I could see a sign. That is how dense the fog was. So traffic was creeping along. But then the most amazing thing happened. I was driving along and POW! The fog had lifted and I could see clearly and quite a ways into the distance. I stopped being frustrated lessened my grip on the steering wheel and relaxed knowing I would not be late for school and I could get there safely because I could see clearly. I went from icy fog into the light in what seemed to be a matter of a few yards on the highway.

Matthew 19: 26 says, “For God all things are possible.” I began to think I I was never going to get out of the fog in which I was driving. I was dreading driving down Burton Hill Road. It is a really steep incline and I really did not want to go down the hill in an icy fog. The same God who created the fog also created the clear day. Maybe the fog was created to teach us to fully rely on God to lead us through into the clear day. Do you ever feel like you are walking in a fog? The fog is frustrating. You don’t know whether to turn right, left, change lanes, turn around and start over or just keep going straight and hope you come out of it eventually.

God gives us the assurance that the clear day will come. God promises through His Word that the possibilities will never end. And the same God that is with us through the fog is the same God that will be with us when we come out of the fog and into the clear day. It is in the fog we learn to trust. When we can’t see His hand we must trust His heart and listen for His Word. His heart loves us so much and His Word is ever in our ear guiding us and leading us out of the fog and into the clear day. It may be hard to take joy in the journey through the fog, but knowing our Father is there with us as we travel makes the journey a lot easier.

So friends, take joy in the journey. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

1 comment:

Al Rearick said...

Another beautiful devotion, and timely too because we lost yet another friend to cancer yesterday, a lady named Sharon Whitt. She was the guidance counselor at Wood Elementary, and Nathan knew her very well. So, we're all in a bit of shock.... or fog. Thanks again for providing the roadmap out of the fog!

To all who read this blog (and my various cloggings), please keep the family of Sharon Whitt in your prayers. Also keep in your prayers all the kiddos whose lives she touched, especially those who shel helped through rough times (divorces, deaths of parents, etc), as they are no doubt being hit hard by this loss. Another one who died too young, but is on the other side of Heaven waiting for the rest of us to join her.

Love,
Al