Saturday, December 20, 2008

Happy Friday!! We made it to Friday at 3:00. After a full week of very excited first graders and then a day of extremely excited first graders, at 3:15 my classroom was quiet. I wished each and everyone a Merry Christmas and numerous times of telling them that they had at least two weeks off and that they were not returning to school on Monday, my break officially began. I, with the wonderful help of Stephanie Burns, loaded up my car and headed east to 811 Austin St.

We got some exciting news today. Travis text messaged me today at school and announced that he had been named to the first team, all district football team. I was so excited. District coaches nominate and vote on the players named to the team. We are so proud and very happy for Travis.

Also, speaking of football... My brother Ken, the superintendent of schools in Allen, Texas (I so love telling people this even if they have heard it a bunch of times) will be travelling to Houston to watch the Allen Eagles play for the state 5-A football championship. We are so proud of Ken and support the Allen Eagles. Go! Allen Eagles and travel mercy to all who attend the game. I also pray safety for all of the players on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

I got an A on my theology final. I was so excited. I have a chance of making an A in the class if I did well on my final paper. The grade for my final paper has not as yet been posted.

Psalm 144:15 says, “Happy are they whose God is the Lord.” Christmas is less than a week away. Are you ready? I get asked this question several times per day. My answer is, “no.” I don’t have a tree and have not bought a gift. But as I ponder this question on a different level, I re-ask myself the question; Am I ready for Christ+mass? I think I am more ready for the Christ child than I am ready for presents, a tree and cooking. The angels remind us that God is with us all of the time. We stress and purchase and bake and roast and wrap and stamp and mail to prepare for a day on the calendar. God wants us to prepare our hearts for His coming into our lives and into the world. God wants us to be prepared to live a life with Him everyday on this earth. So I ask you, “Are you ready?” Are you ready to receive the Christ child into your heart? Are you ready for this Child of wonder to grow Himself in you? Are you ready for this Child of Light, this Holy One to be the light in your life and then let Him shine in you and through you so that He truly becomes the light of the world? Is Christ the center of your Christmas preparation? Just some thoughts.

Take joy in the journey. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: