Friday, October 10, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
TGIF Today God is First!  All is well here at 811.  Tomorrow Bruce and I will travel to different places in ministry. Bruce will go to Wichita Falls for the instructional weekend at the prison unit. The instructional weekend teaches those who participated in the Kairos weekend how to be accountable to their faith. The Kairos Ministry holds prayer and share times throughout the month for those who have participated in a weekend event.  I will be traveling to Flower Mound to begin team meetings for a Via deCristo Weekend event to be held in November. I will be serving as a spiritual director. Please pray for these very important ministries. Pray for the teams who will lead them and those who will participate in them.  Pray that each will be drawn closer to God.  Thank you.

The candle is lit…

Dear God, I open your Holy Word and find your way and your will for me. I find your mercy in the psalms and in the gospels as I feel it poured out upon me. Teach me to reach out to others as you have reached out to me.  It is such a comfort to rest in your mercy and be comforted in the knowledge that without a doubt that You will never fail me even if I fail, even when I am fearful your mercy abounds. Thank you that your tender mercies never end.  I give you thanks and praise for your glorious Word. I love you Lord., in Jesus’ name, amen.

I serve in several ministries. Each of these ministries is highly organized. Each position on the teams has its own manual of instruction. There is a schedule that must be followed. There are tasks that must be performed and guidelines to be followed. These guidelines are important to the success of the weekend. 

Each of us has a manual that allows us to spend time with God. There instructions for prayer and meditation and reflection. This manual will teach us how to have a heart for God because it speaks clearly of God’s heart for His people. We will find in this great document instruction on how to have a life lived with God as the center of our lives and being.  We will read about people who had extraordinary relationships with God and how we can learn from their walk with God.  Of course I am speaking of the Holy Scriptures themselves or our Bible. This amazing writing penned over centuries is a book of God’s love and desire to have relationship with His people as lived out in the people whose stories we read especially the great stories of Jesus.  Reading these ancient words will reveal God’s compassion and love for each of us and how God intervenes and acts in our everyday lives through the power of the words and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Pick up your Bible…it is a great read.

“Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light to my path. I have sworn and confirmed that I will keep Your righteous judgments.”
Psalms 119: 105-106
“God’s words are pure words, pure silver words refined seven times in the fires of his words-kiln.”
Psalm 12: 6
Take joy in the journey praying as you go. Take some time to read what God has to say. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. The storms seem to be on their way so be careful my friends. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene 

No comments: