Thursday, October 9, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Thursday! All is well here at 811.

The candle is lit…

Dear God, please help me to always understand how you would guide me in the situations with which life presents. Reveal yourself to me so that I will act as you would act. Remind me Lord to look to you and listen for your voice. You are the author and finisher of my faith and you will lead me in truth. I praise you for your transforming grace with each new day as I learn more about you and am drawn closer to you. I love you Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

I have people in my life I look up to as models of the Christian life.  These people are friends, speakers, pastors, teachers, family, musicians and writers. I am sure there are more.  These are people I admire and look to for inspiration and wisdom.  And even though I care for these people and may say how much admire and love them above others I do not worship them. They are earthly fallible people whom will at times disappoint. 

The truth is that the only One who warrants our worship is God. When we focus our attention on God we will learn to do the things that are pleasing to Him.  Remembering that it is God who deserves our worship is the best wisdom we can exercise. Studying God’s Word will increase that wisdom because we will begin to understand more of the character of God and want to be more like God who loves us so very much. Looking to God through the life of Jesus will lead us to make choices that are in line with God’s plans for our lives. God is worthy of our worship and praise. 

“Trust in the Lord, all you that worship him. He helps you and protects you. The Lord remembers us…He will bless everyone who honors him, the great and the small alike.”
Psalm 115: 11-13

Take joy in the journey praying as you go.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: