Wednesday, October 29, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Wednesday!  All is well here at 811. 

The candle is lit…

Thank you dear Lord for the words of life you speak to me. By your words I am named and claimed. By your words I am held, molded and sent out.  Lord, Your Word means so much to me. I am comforted by your words. Your Presence is affirmed in Your Word and I find your grace sufficient in your word. I love you Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen

One of the things I have enjoyed since graduating from the seminary is reading for pleasure.  For about six years reading for fun was something I remembered. But I still enjoy reading for meaning.  The meaning for which I read is learning more about God and the power of the Holy Scriptures. The power of the Word is made to inspire, encourage and help. I especially love the Psalms. Tonight my meditation recalls the psalmist calling the words of God being “sweeter than honey.”

I love to speak words and sing words and write words and listen to words, but God’s words are always life-giving and life affirming. The words of God have the power to transform us from the depths of our souls.  God’s Word enters in through our ears and eyes to our minds and finds its way to our hearts where it becomes a part of our lives changing us and transforming us.  Reading God’s Word, speaking God’s Word, listening to God’s Word, singing God’s Word and living out God’s Word will result  a life in abundance  causing each of us to thrive.

“How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!”
Psalm 119: 103
“I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. My meditation of him shall be sweet; I will be glad in the Lord.”
Psalm 104: 33-34

Take joy in the journey praying, praising, laughing, and encouraging someone as you go. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

                                                                                   

No comments: