Wednesday, September 24, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Wednesday!  All is well here at 811.  I am busy preparing to go back to work on Friday and to act as the Chapel Leader for the Kairos Prison Ministry Support Team. One of our tasks as a team member is to write a letter to each of the participants on the weekend. So each team member is tasked to write 42 letters of encouragement to those who are participating.  The good news for me today is that I was able to finish my letters before the weekend event.  

The candle is lit…

Dear God, help me see your hand in all of the events in my life. I know you are with me, giving my life meaning and purpose. Lord, place your loving hand on those who will be participants in the Kairos Weekend. Prepare their hearts to receive the Gospel. Thank you Lord that in our relationship with you, You  are present all of the time even when we are not aware. Thank you for staying so close to us in the power of the Holy Spirit that we are never alone and are always loved. I love you Lord, in Jesus name, amen.

Most of us a onetime or another have felt alone. Sometimes we even feel alone while in a room full of people. The good news for us is that if we have a relationship with God through faith in Jesus we are never alone because God is not far away. The power of God is not a distant power. We do not have to travel to meet with the seat of power. Our faith in God allows us to remain right where we are and have uninterrupted conversation and access to God through prayer and the Word 24/7.  Having a daily walk with Christ is the way we develop a relationship with the love of God and gain insight on how to realize God loving grace living within us.

I have used the term “it was a God thing,” to try an explain something that unexpectedly occurs. As I have studied the character of God through the life of Jesus I think these “God things” are revelations of God’s love and continual concern for us. As we continue to grow in faith and trust in our relationship with God these “God things or God moments” are revealed to our understanding. The latest “God thing” for me was an interviewer on the ordination committee who serves in a prison unit through Kairos. He asked me questions and his presence helped me focus my answers and further helped me to display a ministerial presence for the ministry of Jesus Christ. God uses His people to lead others back toward Himself.  God is good and His faithful love wins!!

“Those who are wise will take all of this to heart; They will see in our history the faithful love of the Lord.”
Psalm 107: 43
“I remember the days of old. I think about all your deeds, I meditate on the work of your hands.”
Psalm 143: 5

Take joy in the journey praying as you go and look for the God things. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene



No comments: