Tuesday, September 23, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Tuesday! All is well here at 811.

Dear God, I praise you for letting me hear what you hear and see what you see. Thank you for your Word and for prayer leading me in a faith-filled path of learning and ministry. I ask you to bless Heather Santi-Brown as she prepares for her ordination service very soon. I thank you for blessing our friend Amber with much needed plasma that is helping to restore her body to a better state of health and for the faith you have instilled in her to hang in there through this process. Thank you for your faithfulness and teaching us about the gift of faith we have been given. Thank you Lord for loving us so very much. I love you Lord, in Jesus’s name, amen.

The writer of my meditation tonight speaks about faith in almost every sentence beginning with “Faith helps you see more than you think you can.”  Having a faith-filled life helps us accomplish things we never thought possible.  When I think of a faith-filled person I think about Bruce. The other night he replaced lights at the church in the sanctuary.  Someone snapped a picture of him up on several frames of scaffolding taking him to the ceiling of the sanctuary. As he is replacing these lights. It was a bit scary for me to view! It caused me to be reminded that just a little over a year ago he could not speak three words and walk a straight line. And because of our faithful healing God, a couple of days ago he constructed scaffolding, climbed it, removed broken lights and replaced them with ones that work. I also thought that is sort of a metaphor for faith in God through the life of Jesus. Faith enables us to remove the darkness and replace it with light with Jesus being the light. It is faith that enabled Bruce to stare up at that ceiling and have the courage to climb the steps needed so that all could be blessed with the gift of working lights in the sanctuary.  I think it is in faith that we are allowed to see God working in our lives because God faithfully remains with us out of His great love.  God is good and His unfailing love and faithfulness always wins!!

[Jesus said,] “If you have faith and don’t doubt, I promise that you can do what I did to this tree. And you will be able to do even more. You can tell this mountain to get up and jump into the sea and it will.”
Matthew 21: 21
“I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the son of God, who loved me and gave himself up for me.”
Galatians 2: 20

Take joy in the journey praying in faith as you go. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: