Monday, September 22, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Monday and happy first day of fall!  This is always one of my favorite days. And today when I walked out of my front door it was perfect. It was cool without being crisp. Just a mild breeze that reminded me of the feeling of when you sleep with all of the windows open in your house.  I just stood on the porch and gave thanks for the wonderful creation God has given on this beautiful day. All is well here at 811.

Dear God, you are my constant companion. You are with me all the time, everywhere I am. Thank you for this beautiful fall day. Thank you for the meeting with me when I call and always taking the time to spend time with me.  Your presence strengthens me. Your presence weaves itself through me and lets me know that you are here to stay no matter what. Thank you Lord. I love you Lord, in Jesus’ name, amen.

When we spend time with God we are reminded of His constancy with us.  I try to spend concentrated time with God twice a day with scripture and prayer; once in the morning and in the evening when I reflect on a scripture and meditation.  And somewhere in between these two times I think about God.  What I have learned is that God does not come and go. God comes and stays. As we go about our daily lives the constancy of God guides our decisions and will help work through the decisions we have made. When we invite God to be a part of the simplest things in our lives we are given the courage of our convictions because we are assured of God’s presence and guidance. As I was pondering this concept of God’s presence in our lives I began to think of how Jesus modeled the presence of God in our lives. Jesus stood in front of folks when he preached as a rabbi, but the rest of the time He walked along side of people helping them, giving guidance, giving encouragement and most of all just being there as a Savior. Knowing this brings me peace, comfort and confidence in our loving Savior who is with us to stay.

“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.”
Hebrews 13: 8
[God] who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 1: 6
Take joy in the journey praying as you go with Jesus at your side and inside you. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: