Thursday, August 28, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Thursday! All is well here at 811. The stadium was fun and much cooler than the outside temp. But our Cowboys were pretty cold tonight as they fell to the broncos 27 -3. Sad day!  But it was fun to get out on a week night and do something different. What is it about those stadium nachos that makes them taste so good? 

Dear God, I praise you because nothing is beyond your control. If I have an unexpected challenge, please remind me of your constant and unyielding love. Thank you, dear God, for catching me when I stumble and putting me upright when I fall.  I have a sure hope in You that you hold steady no matter whether the time is stormy for me or bright and calm. Please instill that calmness in me. Thank you for your faithfulness. I love you Lord, in Jesus name, amen.

I watched a brief FB video recently of someone’s grandchild walking for the first time.  It was such a joy and reminded me of when each of our children first began to walk. There were two feelings; first, the great sense of pride and excitement that they had let go of the couch and took those steps and second, when they were able to really walk we reminded ourselves that we wanted them to do that! The world changes when a child learns to walk and it changes for parents too. When they first learn to walk we are very near and ready to catch them when they stumble and fall. But as they become steadier we stand farther away and begin to let them right themselves on their own. But we always stand ready to catch them when they fall.

God is there for us when we stumble and fall. When babies fall they usually fall straight down and on a padded diaper. Not so much for we as adults.  When we stumble in our faith we more often than not fall forward especially if we have been walking backward. When we fall forward we have made progress.  Forward is the only direction God has given us. God is always there to help when we get into a difficult situation. The good news is that everyone stumbles and as believers we can still face the future with hope and God’s promise to help us out of his great love for us.  I believe in God’s promise of help and presence in times of need and in times of smooth waters because of out of all of God’s creation and out of His great love for us, God found us worthy of the life of His Son.

“I, your God, have a firm grip on you and I’m not letting go. I’m telling you,.’Don’t panic, I am right here to help you.”
Isaiah 41: 13

Take joy in the journey praying and praising as you go.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: