Sunday, August 24, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Blessed Sunday to you all!  All is well here at 811.

The candle is lit…

Gracious God, thank you for drawing me out of my shell of anxiousness and into the light of your love. Thank you for new promises and purpose for my life. Lord. Lord, I listen for your call and am ready to go where you send me. But mostly Lord, I am listening for your voice of Presence right now. I ask Your patience with me as I confess my neediness to You.  Hang with me Lord and soothe my troubled soul with the light of your love and holiness. May I move past the things that make me sad and live into the calling of Your desire to take Your love and put it into the hearts of others.  I love you Lord, in Jesus’ name, amen.

Tomorrow is the first day of the new school year. Teachers face a new group of students and work valiantly to have names and faces placed together before the children go home. They deal with the greatest first day of school question especially with little ones. “How do I get home?”  Each soul that walks into a school building tomorrow student, teacher, administrator, staff and parent all have one thing in common…they face a new future.  A future filled with new experiences, new knowledge, new friends, new rules, and new materials all with the purpose of furthering the lives of the students/children in their care. 

God has given each of us who believe a similar daily task. When Jesus was on the earth he gave the disciples the task of placing the love of God through the knowledge and their experience with Jesus into the hearts of other people. There is a story of the great physician; Albert Schweitzer that tells of a man on whom the great doctor had just performed surgery in West Africa.  When the man awoke from the procedure his heart was filled with hope and he asked the Dr. Schweitzer who sent him to save his life? Dr. Schweitzer said, “The Lord Jesus Christ sent me.” 

God has been sending his servants into the world for a very long time. He sends those He has equipped to help further the lives of those we are given to heal, bring knowledge to, to lift up, to teach and to bring the life giving power of hope and love.  My dear teacher friends He sends you now. Have a fantastic first day and a blessed year.  Love you all.

“Go, then, to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples.”
Matthew 28: 19
(And for those who are just a bit anxious about tomorrow)
“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.”
Psalm 94: 19
Take joy in the journey praying as you go. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene







No comments: