Monday, August 25, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Monday!  All is well here at 811.

The candle is lit…

Dear God, you are more than able to do all in my life that needs to be done. I am in awe and wonder at your greatness. Thank you for extending your love to me and for the opportunity to live each day for you.  Thank you for places to worship where your presence is found. I also thank you for the quietness and stillness of my own heart. I thank you for making my heart sacred space Thank you for meeting me in my own heart and you reveal yourself to me through your Word. Thank you for teaching me to live each day with hope found in your promises and joy in your strength and the  love found in the blood of your Son, Jesus Christ. I love you Lord, in Jesus’ name, amen. 

When we place ourselves in the hands of God we find ourselves in a place where many things can be accomplished in our lives. God is present in all places and in all times. Coming to God with some confession of praise even in the darkest of times allows the brilliant light of his love to break through the darkness and begin to bring the peace we so need. I do not give thanks for difficult times, but I do try to find God’s presence in them. I cannot always find it quickly, but I usually find it after prayer and reading God’s Word.  I most often find God’s presence when I get out of the way and see what this loving God I serve can do.  And out of His great love I find unconditional love, tender mercies and unmerited grace.  It is time to be quiet and listen for the sacred space in my own heart.

“I commend you to the care of God and to the message of his grace, which is able to build you up and give you the blessings God has for all his people.”
Acts 20: 32
Take joy in the journey praying as you go.  Find God in the sacred space of your own heart and experience what God can do.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: