Thursday, July 24, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Thursday! All is well here at 811. Follow-up visit to oncologist and radiation doc today. All is well. Next visit is in three months. The blessing for today is the conversation I had with my oncologist. He is a mighty man of faith. We had the most wonderful conversation about faith and hope and giving the gift of freedom and mercy. 

Dear God no matter what I go through, O God, you go through it with me. Where I am, you are.  You are always there to help. I am seeking a new road in which to travel; a road of your choosing and your leading. I believe I am in the right place in my life to move forward in the ministry of Christ.  I know you will place just enough light before me to light the way down the road. Thank you Lord. I love you so much. In Jesus’ name, amen.

It does not matter what each of us goes through whether it is difficulty or joy; God is with us.  This great truth gives cause for rejoicing.  God being with us allows us to cope with all of our circumstances giving us strength.  Keeping our focus on God is our security system. Even if situations seem hopeless God assures us that “all things are possible with God.” God is not one who would lie and calls himself Truth.  When we affirm our trust in God we come near to God and release the power of the Holy Spirit. Sarah Young writes, “Do not restrain that Holy Spirit impulse; instead, give it voice.”  When we give voice to the Holy Spirit within us we are proclaiming to the world that we trust in God and have hope because we live in His Presence.

“Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence.”
Psalm 42: 5
“Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”
Mark 10: 27
Take joy in the journey and pray as you go. Wear comfortable shoes; get some sleep giving thanks for being in the comforting and holy presence of God. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene


No comments: