Wednesday, July 23, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Wednesday! All is well here at 811.

Dear God, May I listen closely to you so I will have something to say to others. Thank you for rest from the journey. Thank you for the roads you have sent me down for I know they are not the destination; they are the journey. You are a good and gracious God filled with love, forgiveness and giving all of your children a hope for the future. As I live into the future you have planned by living each day in a manner worthy of your name. I love you Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Quietly looking out on the ocean is a wonderful place to have a prayer time. Sometimes when I pray I just want to stay right there and not leave that wonderful presence of the closeness of God. Sort of like a warm blanket on a cool morning or a deck chair looking out over the ocean.  When we pray with God through the Holy Spirit it is in conversation and the expectation from God to us is to remain in His Presence while serving and helping others.  When we pray inside ourselves with God there are expectations on the outside.  Prayer is such a safe place, a haven of rest and a harbor from which we are expected to set sail. When we spend close times with God we grow in intimacy with our Creator and are being prepared for service in the world. Prayer helps us to be ready when we are needed to help someone else. Our hearts and minds are opened to those around us leading us to those who are in need of a word of hope, encouragement and comfort.  Because we are in prayer with a God of love and grace our hearts are made larger and are able to carry those who are in need of help and prayer.  

“I have made known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”
John 17: 26
“Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desire of your heart.”
Psalm 37: 4
Take joy in the journey praying as you go and stopping to help someone else along the way. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene


No comments: