Friday, April 11, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
TGIF Today God is First!  All is well here at 811. I am doing pretty well for one day out of a day surgery. We arrived at home about mid-afternoon yesterday and I promptly went to sleep for several hours.  Today has been pretty good up until the last few hours. But modern chemistry and ice packs are pretty wonderful and really help a lot. Bruce and Geni have stayed with me most of the day. I finally got to see Frozen. Awesome movie with beautiful music. A friend from Advent brought dinner last evening and friends from Rush Creek are providing dinner throughout the weekend. Thank you all for your wonderful prayers, words of encouragement, beautiful cards and loving words shared on FB. God is good and love wins. I wish to thank my beautiful daughter, Geni, for hostessing the Think Pink party during surgery.

Dear God, thank you for sending your blessings at just the right to me. You are so good.  I fall at your feet almighty God as your kindness and healing soak my soul in your might and majestic power. Your greatness is beyond my comprehension. Thank you for your compassion and the love you pour down so completely covering each of us in your blessings and in your grace. I love you Jesus. In Jesus name, amen.

Tonight my meditation begins with a story about the movie director John Huston. He was asked what was the most difficult subject in making a motion picture? His reply was “Bible stories especially creation and flood scenes from scripture”. He said, “I had a terrible time making them,” he said. “I really don’t know how God managed it.”  Well God managed it because God is  almighty God. God is sovereign over all life. 

When I pray I claim God’s sovereignty over my life and the things I do and say.  As I prepared for the surgery yesterday I claimed God’s sovereignty not only for myself, but for the doctors, nurses, techs, assistants, surgical instruments, technology and a germ free field. I prayed for my family and friends waiting to be joyful as they waited. I prayed they would think pink, eat pink, drink pink and celebrate God’s goodness found in family, friends and God’s presence.  I prayed for all of these folks who attended me would be kind and compassionate. Our nurse who was my nurse throughout the day was a woman of faith and sang praise songs with Bruce and I as she took vitals, stats, information, started IV’s etc…She stood in prayer with us as my family and friends prayed for me just before surgery was to begin. God’s sovereignty over all of life means that we are “divinely ordained and profoundly significant.” WOW!!! God has written His will and plans for each of us into our very being.  God made each of special and important and gives us what it takes to get through the most difficult of times and may even place a song in our hearts.  God is good all the time. He put a song of praise in this heart of mine!!

“The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.”
Acts 17: 24
Take joy in the journey remembering that we have a mighty big God who loves us and offers His storehouse of love, grace and healing to each of us with each breath we take. Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink!! Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: