Saturday, August 3, 2013


Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Saturday!  Due to Highway 161 being closed today I was unable to see Bruce. But I messaged him and phoned him so we were able to communicate somewhat. I do love hearing his voice and reading the interesting messages he sends back. He told me he went to the grocery store and got peanut butter and milk (his favorites) and I do not know what else.  And here is really awesome news! Bruce is getting a pass for tomorrow to come to church and get his glasses fixed. Geni and her boyfriend are going to pick him up and bring him to church. Afterwards we will most likely go out to eat and then get his glasses fixed. I am so excited.  He is doing so well. Team Chrystie for the win!

Today was spent cleaning, taking to storage and trashing things we do not need right now in preparation for the bedroom rehab. Our precious children, a wonderful friend and her son came over to help. They were a godsend and I am so grateful to them. One more large project and the critical prep work will be complete.

“Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great. He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.”

1 Timothy 3: 16

If I have learned nothing in this new journey, I have learned that God is not predictable or controllable, but God is trustworthy.  We have not had serious adversity in over six years. Each adversity has its own set of circumstances, but the good news is that no matter what adversity strikes us or our loved ones God is faithful to see us through. There are many things I do not understand about the stroke Bruce had, but I do know that I have been blessed to witness God’s faithfulness, healing power and divine intervention in our lives and Bruce’s healing. God has not let us down in any way and will meet each challenge Bruce has to face with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and love that endures forever. God is good and love wins!

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude, let us cast our cares upon the LORD and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway so there is no reason for all of us to be awake. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

 

No comments: