Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Happy Wednesday! 

My dog, Luther, has planted himself under my desk as I write. As bassets are notorious for lying on their backs to sleep I am currently using him as a foot rest and giving the occasional belly rub.  I can’t even put my chair fully under the desk and he does not seem to be bothered at all. And neither am I.

Also, I think I may have downloaded all of my resources for my paper. 

Tomorrow after the daily home project I will begin reading my research and preparing to write this paper. Begin to pray now, I am a bit (no, a lot) out of my league writing this paper.

Prayer: Lord of the rough and smooth places. Lord of the challenge in the journey. Even though the journey sometimes seems long and hard I know You are there, always with me guiding me by Your hand and Your counsel. Help me to find joy in the steepest climb by knowing that You are there. Let me remember to count on Your Divine guidance to find the best way to scale the mountain ahead. Lord, in Your mercy, hear this prayer. Amen.

“The sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.”

Habakkuk 3: 19

“I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.”

Psalm 73: 23-24

The journey beginning in 2007 at Brite has been at times challenging and other times grueling. The good news is that the journey has been not just a road of endurance, with places of joy even in the most difficult times, but an amazing time spent with God.  God has become a constant companion Who has infused His Presence in those steepest of climbs, those most difficult of classes and all of the writing of papers. There have been times I have thought that I could not do this and then in the same breath I knew I had come too far to turn back. The completion of my Brite career is not the end of the journey, but the preparation for the next journey to come. So I think for the remainder of the summer I will remember God’s unfailing presence in the journey and think of His glory that I feel all around me and see in those who have walked this journey with me. It is when I look into the eyes of Love I realize I am on a high place because it is in those who have journeyed with me that I see the glory of God. Thank you all family and dear friends.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude, cast your cares upon God and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway and so there is no need for both of you to be us. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.



I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: