Thursday, June 27, 2013

Happy Thursday! 

One more small house project completed and I made a new recipe for dinner. It was a layered cornbread salad. If you are on Facebook the recipe is on there. It would be perfect for a church or office potluck because it makes quite a bit.  Definitely a repeater. Totally delicious! 

Prayer:  Lord of hope. Lord of rest. Lord of the peaceful soul. Your sacred word from the psalmist tells us to find rest for our souls in You alone. When our minds are restless and cannot be still especially at night when we are trying to sleep let us think of You. Lord, may we whisper Your name and wait in Your Presence. When we wait in Your presence we are on holy ground. 

Let us then breathe in the most holy and sacred and call on the Holy Spirit to ease our rapid scattered thoughts and only think of You.  When we are in Your holy Presence please soak us in Your unfailing love where peace, comfort, forgiveness and tender mercies abound. Lord, in Your mercy, hear this prayer. Amen.

“Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him,”

Psalm 62: 5

True hope comes from God. False hope comes from all of the advertising we see on TV. Brighter smiles with toothpaste, romance with perfume, run faster with fancy tennis shoes, better fitness and health with supercharged water and the list goes on. We have so many forces around us that say, “just try me,” and “come this way.”  We cannot be deceived by the information overload with which we are bombarded each day. 

When we are overloaded with the world and all of its distractions let us stop and refocus on the God of hope. When we step into the peaceful presence of God His hope grows within us and we can find rest.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint.  Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled with gratitude, cast your cares upon the Lord and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway and there is no reason for both of you to be awake. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.



I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: