Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Happy Tuesday!

I have decided to do one small home project per day and spend the remainder of the daylight hours gathering sources for the paper I have to write for this last class. Cleaning out, throwing away and sorting for charity sort of helps me clean out the clutter from my head and my house. It is kind of nice to walk into a room and look at a space that has space!

Prayer:  Holy Lord, giver of hope and encouragement. I give You thanks that You remain with us giving the gifts of hope and encouragement every time we remember we are in the presence of You and Your unfailing love. Your Word says it is impossible for you to lie. We hold on to the hope offered to us so that we may be greatly encouraged. Thank you, Lord. We love You so much. In Your mercy, hear this prayer. Amen

“God [confirmed his promise to Abraham] so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged.”

Hebrews 6: 18

I take so much joy in the truth that it is impossible for God to lie. I am grateful that the God who gave us the gift of hope is the same God who encourages us. The apostle Paul taught us that we need to press on toward the goal and live up to what we have already attained. Paul is telling us that we are to grasp onto heavenly hope from which all of our blessings flow. 

When we grasp onto heavenly hope we are encouraged to remember what God has already done for us (died for our sins) and for what God is doing now (living in us now). Here is something we need to remember. God not only gives good gifts, but the gifts are given generously.

I was rereading one of my favorite books this morning and came across a passage that reminded me of this scripture. The woman in the book is on a journey and has already come very far in her journey with the generous help of God. She comes to the most difficult place in her journey and completely craters and thinks she cannot possibly climb one more mountain and face this part of her journey. Then she remembers that God helped her through the most difficult places in the journey before. She begins to live in hope and encouragement that the God of hope who cannot lie will help her once again.

My friends…take hold of hope…find encouragement in the unfailing love of God in your life and climb the mountain.

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope does not disappoint. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a heart filled to overflowing with gratitude, cast your cares upon God and get some sleep. God is up all night anyway and there is no need for both of you to be awake. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.



I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: